Unkillable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I'm sure if I let my water parameters get off, my frogspawn would die, but as for outside sources, this thing is invinsible!! I came home from work one day last week to find my frogspawn so closed up, you could not even see any green, and thought for sure it had died. I tested the water, and everything looked good. When I had left, it was wide open, about 4 inches in diameter, so I was perplexed. No fish, hermit, or snail had ever caused it to retreat even a slight bit, so I knew it wasn't them. I decided to just sit back and observe for a bit when I noticed towards the top of the glass something very green, like frogspawn green. A long spinned urchin I had picked up as a hitchhiker and left in the tank had plowed through my frogspawn and tore it all to pieces. Well, the urchin got his own 10 gallon tank after that, and I decided to leave the frogspawn base in to observe for a few days. Great news!! He is now back to fully opening and you could never tell it was almost destroyed!!!

Not that I know of, mine all stay clear of my corals. Especially the singing corals like the frogspawn. It was probably just a fluke accident, what kind of urchin was it? The black long spined?

Yeah, but I did not over react, which I am prone to. He is in a 10 gallon fowlr with sone chromis and a cuc.

Back
Top Bottom