up grading powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nosaj81

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have a 125 gallon aquarium running 4 1400 gph korilla ph looking to get 2 tunze that will be running as a wave maker using an apex controller wondering if i should go for the 6095 or the 6105's will the 6095 be under powerd for this tank?

If you're spending that much money, I'd think 2 (or even 1) ecotech vortech mp 40s would be better (and maybe around the same price range).

the reason for the tunze is i have heard nothing but good things about them, for another $30 i can have my apex run them, and the big one is there $160 less each and move slightly more water then the mp40s.

the reason for the tunze is i have heard nothing but good things about them, for another $30 i can have my apex run them, and the big one is there $160 less each and move slightly more water then the mp40s.

The water movement isn't actually true because votex pumps are greatly underrated for water movement and tunez are over rated. I would go mp 40s as well they are very nice. Have a much better wave making function and selection then any other pump. Ill see if I can find the study of the power head outputs that was done.

Also note that this article was bought and paid for by ecotech marine. Read the acknowledgment section.

The reason I mention this is a couple months ago I read a study/comparison/experiment with the exact opposite results. The ecotech pumps were overated. And that study was paid for by who? Guess .....tunze...... So I'd like to see some unbiased results.

Back
Top Bottom