update!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys just wanting to show an update of my tank now :) i would also like some feedback from you what you like what you dont like what you think i should add and what i should remove im always looking to find new ways to improve my tank and i want a wow factor to it im currently only doing soft corals atm but want to go to hard corals soon i want to convert my 20gal fresh water tank over soon so i can go a bit bigger :)

my current stock is:

torch coral
3 mushrooms
hammer coral
duncan coral
plate coral
and one branching torch coral
2 turbo snails
2 yellow tail damsels

i really do want as much feed back as possible thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I wanted clowns but my LFS said that they will grow to big and said the only other fish I could keep would be mandarins which I don't want till I get a larger tank or chromis which I didn't find that great I would like fire fish to but been told they get to big

Oh and I want more rock to but ill got with base rock next time cause I had a mini cycle when I added more live rock

Trust me I'm a big fan of the cheaper option to I got the live rock for free from my LFS because I traded in my CBS the one thing I want to change is the lights apparently mine are good for softies but useless for hard corals but I can't find any lights that will fit my tank

hey guys just wanting to show an update of my tank now :) i would also like some feedback from you what you like what you dont like what you think i should add and what i should remove im always looking to find new ways to improve my tank and i want a wow factor to it im currently only doing soft corals atm but want to go to hard corals soon i want to convert my 20gal fresh water tank over soon so i can go a bit bigger :)

my current stock is:

torch coral
3 mushrooms
hammer coral
duncan coral
plate coral
and one branching torch coral
2 turbo snails
2 yellow tail damsels

i really do want as much feed back as possible thank you :)

Just so you know, the mushrooms are the only soft coral you have :cool: the others are LPS (Large Polyp Stony)

Oh haha thank you for that I didn't know :) is there anything you think I should change add or remove from my tank?

Oh haha thank you for that I didn't know :) is there anything you think I should change add or remove from my tank?

Well you are kind of limited with a 9 gallon as far as stocking options.. Soon, I want to get a pico tank and make it into a zoa garden with just a shrimp and maybe a green clown goby =) Unless you get rid of the damsels, I wouldn't get any other fish though.

Looks good though how you have it set up! When you get the 20 started though, stay away from damsels! (y)

Yea I defiantly will stay away from them I'm not adding any more fish I was thinking of doing coral only but I want some movment in the tank and the damsels have nice colors

Yea I defiantly will stay away from them I'm not adding any more fish I was thinking of doing coral only but I want some movment in the tank and the damsels have nice colors

El Fab's Pico Reef - YouTube

Hope that link works.. I came across this video on youtube a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty awesome.. Its a 3 gallon pico that this guy had and did an outstanding job with.. While I don't agree with all the choices of fish he had in it, he had some very neat corals in it and I thought maybe you could get some ideas from it! He has a galaxy coral in the tank which would give you some nice flow, just be carful.. They have some long sweeper tentacles.

Star Polyps and xenia give a lot of nice movement also, but you will have to keep them in check because they can grow very quickly.

Is the galaxy coral related to a torch? They look similar except the torch isn't in a ball

Mmm just did a little looking up on google and it looks like they are not in the Samuel family, aside from both being LPS. Good question though.

I personally always thought they looked kind of like green star polyps just meatier

Might have to set up my 20 gal if I'm going to get one of them haha there sweeper tenticles are long enough to go most of the way across my tank

Might have to set up my 20 gal if I'm going to get one of them haha there sweeper tenticles are long enough to go most of the way across my tank

Lol yes! Start it up! I've had my 55 for a little over a year and I am constantly on Craigslist looking for a bigger tank!

Food for thought, the video I linked was a 3 gallon and he had a galaxea coral in.. You have 6 more gallons on him.. If course, who knows, maybe he had all kinds if problems with it

Back
Top Bottom