*Update* on friend's tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
A while ago I posted how my friend has a 75 gal and rushed into making a reef and yes he paid the price of losses but since the last 3 months it has been thriving and excellent. I took time with mine and it still hasn't even thrived as fast as his. I guess I am doing something wrong? Here is my tank which has been set up as a reef since Jan converted from FOSW and I have been taking my time with adding new corals etc. but I noticed that it isn't thriving as I would've hoped. I had "Grass" on my LR that was thriving now that I moved it in my tank it hasn't opened as fully. I can't understand what is wrong. http://flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/

what are all or levels ie, calcium, phosphate those can hamper growth. lights ? maybe bulbs need replaced? light timing daily how long? just a few off the top of my head that i can think of. hope that helps?

what are the differences as to your tank and the one the "grass" came from. More/less intense lighting, current, chemical factors, all this will help to answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom