Update on Saved Orange Spotted FileFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yes remember me I work at my LFS and We got an Orange Spotted Filefish that came in with ich and was going to be frozen, also we didnt have any acro for the thing to eat. So I took him home and put him in a QT for like 2 weeks. Now everything I have read on this fish says "Experts only, This fish does not survive a week after shipping, They only eat Acro." Well I am here to say that I have trained the fish on live adult brine. While the fish was in QT I really never seen it eat. I tried flakes, mysis, brine, even some xenia I cut from my main tank. I never really seen him eat anything. So I placed him into my main tank like 2 days ago. I thought he might nibble at some of my polyps to eat but he still didnt eat anything. So I ordered some Live Adult Brine shrimp cuz my Mandarins love them. The last couple of days I have been jumping of the walls. The Fish loves to eat them like I was amazed I just assumed the fish was doomed. I have a video of him eating them you really cant see the shrimp real good but you can see him striking at them one by one I will load it onto a website and give the link when I get a chance. I am so happy the fish just looks awesome. Here is a picture of my trooper

Attachments

• pict0006_667.jpg
    pict0006_667.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 70
great! I hope all continues to go well for it..very nice of you to go the extra mile for this fish.

thats what this is all about.

Nothing like thinking its a lost cause and then see something rebound.

Got some karma in the bank from the fish gods.

Back
Top Bottom