Update on tank - Haven't Posted In A While

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=72119&highlight=

Thats my old thread about my 125 gallon tank. Well a few updates:

I've been remodelling my house so I haven't spent a ton of time on my aquarium. I need to polyurethane my stand but that won't be possible as for it is in use. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to paint the wall behind it either.

My tank stats: 100 lbs rock? not really sure.
Two Mag 7's and a Mag 5 for return from 20 gallon sump.
12,000 k - URI VHO Bulbs - Two of them at 110 w each.

I've disabled my Metal Hallide - Electric bill went down significantly. Plus I have no need for these bulbs at the moment. The bulbs are too old and cause algae. I do plan on building a new canopy eventually but not until after I finish remodelling my house.

Livestock:
Mated Pair of Percula Clowns
Three Bar Gobies
Yellow Tang
Sixline Wrasse
Snails
Cleaner Shrimp

I added a couple of fish last week:
Diamond Goby
Coral Banded Butterfly

I have eggcrate over my tank but someone that diamond goby disappeared again! (2nd one in two months that i bought)

The butterfly is doing well. Picking off my Live Rock, Sand, and enjoys Mysis and Brine Shrimp. My yellow tang did bother the butterfly the first few days but tension has eased between the two.

Only picture I can get right now... off my replaytv and extracting with mpeg2v program.

butterfly.jpg

BTW: The age of my MH bulbs caused a lot of algae and loss of coraline... Finally the coraline is coming back fast after only one week with new bulbs.

I run the same lighting on my tank. 6 ft bulbs are 160 watt you mean right? Hope all goes well on the remodeling and tank. Just make sure you wrap your tank up good when you paint.

The ballast is the as220 - so it only supports 8' of vho. It was originally on my 55 gallon tank until I obtained the 125 for free. I used a 6' 1x4 pine board with holes drilled and counter-sinked to screw in my endcaps. So I have two bulbs over the center and one bulb over each side. All I could do for the moment.

Eventually, when I do build the canopy I can hook up my two MH pendants again with new bulbs. Right now I have no need for such light.

Back
Top Bottom