Upgrading!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Marineland 75 gallon Aquarium majesty ensemble?

I’m looking to get a 75g for Christmas and I was wondering if it’s worth it? I’m worried since it’s relatively cheap that it would be better to just get a separate stand and tank?

Generally, stands for sale aren't enough to support the weight of heavy saltwater systems. Making a stand of your own is usually a better way to go.

Do you think I could get the stand and reinforce it? Or do you think I’m better off just building it?

I have no clue without seeing the stand. Just speaking generally since there is a trend of being metal framed stands, which are junk.

Oh the one I’m looking at is wooden. I don’t like metal stands either, I don’t trust them.

I'd look into how much weight the stand can support then. With 1 lbs per gallon of both rock and sand on top of the weight of the tank and water, it can get extremely heavy.

I'd look into how much weight the stand can support then. With 1 lbs per gallon of both rock and sand on top of the weight of the tank and water, it can get extremely heavy.

I’ve been researching and people have 100 pounds of live rock and a bit less sand in there along with it filled with water, for years. Hopefully I’ll be okay but I think I’ll be reinforcing the stand just in case.

I just bought a marineland 75 gal with stand. I am not sure which one it was but it the stand seems very sturdy. I set it up last week and I have been very happy with it. There is support all around the edge and a bar across the center as well. It is a black wooden stand with 2 doors and space for storage and my canister filters as well. I am going to add a couple of knobs as there are none on it currently but it isn't a problem without them either. The one I got was on sale for 399 and included the led lights with a night feature as well as the tank and stand. I was happy with it and then bought a fluval 406 filter to go with it. Mine is freshwater set up. Just noticed that the others were referring to saltwater tanks.

I just bought a marineland 75 gal with stand. I am not sure which one it was but it the stand seems very sturdy. I set it up last week and I have been very happy with it. There is support all around the edge and a bar across the center as well. It is a black wooden stand with 2 doors and space for storage and my canister filters as well. I am going to add a couple of knobs as there are none on it currently but it isn't a problem without them either. The one I got was on sale for 399 and included the led lights with a night feature as well as the tank and stand. I was happy with it and then bought a fluval 406 filter to go with it. Mine is freshwater set up. Just noticed that the others were referring to saltwater tanks.

I think that’s the same one I’m looking at! I don’t have that much live rock so I’m not too concerned about how heavy my tank will be because I’m only really going to add more sand rather than rock. I’m happy you enjoy the tank and stand and that you could give me a good recommendation!
Mine is going to be on the second floor but where it’s going is right above a huge support beam and is perpendicular to my floor joists, so I’m not worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom