upgrading a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im curiouse, If i get a little more experienced..can i upgrade my tank to a bigger size and just...acclimate the fish into the next tank??or is that not a good idea???

If you cycle the new tank like always, you can acclimate them just as if you had bought them new. Most of the life in my 20g came from my 90g originally.

If you get a bigger tank, you could use the substrate and rock from your current tank. Depending on how big you go, you might not see a cycle. I have moved my 75 gal 3 times and I just moved my 10 gal into a 20L with no issues.

Okay great.....the only reason why is that I have a 30 inch width and its hard to find lights for coral for it....im looking for a tank with a 48" top..that would be ideal

thanks....

A 24" fixture would probably do ok for softies and such. If you build a kit you can do what ever you want..

yeah but i dont want to build one ill prolly just end up gettin the 24".....is there any thing higher???? maybe a 26" or a 28"

thanks

they make 30" strips for compact flourecents, but its only 130 watts (2.6 watts per gallon) which i guess is not good enough for corals. I am in the same boat. you can go with two 30 inch compact flourecents or go with metal halide and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom