Upgrading lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
So currently my tank is a mixed reef it's roughly five years old.My lights are a coral life dual 150 watt mh and dual 65. Watt PC light unit... I'm upgrading to the new g4 pro radions and finally got my apex .. can anyone offer advice on how low I need to start the intensity of the leds so I don't bleach my coral 1487094451592.jpg

Yes 150 mh I also have two t5 as a supplement I forgot to mention that's on the tank also

Most likely you'll be fine. The big difference from bulbed units, aside from the heat output, is that LEDs are much better at penetrating water than bulbs. This is where most of our issues come from when we switch from one to the other.
With that said, 150 MH and 2 T5 supplement bulbs is still a lot of light. It should be close to an equal switch and would simply be wanting the corals to be adjusting to the better water penetration.

Um, in reality I don't remember what Ecotech recommends. I would go by that. I used to know when I had them hung via wire, but I have their mounting bracket now.

Back
Top Bottom