Upgrading my 75g reef to a new 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terryc

Aquarium Advice Regular
So Iv decided to upgrade my 75g reef tank. The tank arrived a couple of days ago and today all of my equipment has arrived and will be moving everything over this weekend. Loads of pics to follow. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433364273.147200.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433364288.768214.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433364302.708223.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433364315.814929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of tank?

My 75 Iv got is a mixed reef, this will be the same. The tanks an aqua one Aqua reef 400 and Iv upgraded all the standard equipment with the quiet drives, deltec sc1456 skimmer and some programable Chinese LEDs

That's gonna be a awesome looking tank, following along

Hopefully it will look good. I'm moving everything over Saturday and Sunday so will post the progress.

All the sand and water has been added, just gotta wait till tomorrow for the sand to settle down and il add the live rock, corals and fish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433623351.174045.jpg

All my rock, corals and fish added. Everything's doing well apart from a cleaner shrimp that didn't last the night. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433958290.288823.jpg

Sorry about your shrimp.
Good job!!!!
Enjoy and keep us updated on how it grows in and any new additions!

Is the aquareef 400 your new tank? I thought 400 was 80G? Not 125?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Doing it to American gallons as mostly Americans that comment on the post. Wasn't trying to make out I had a bigger tank

Sorry I didn't mean to sound horrible. I have an aquareef 400 also in uk and it is 80G uk. Just converted that online and its 96 us G.

No no worries mate, like I said I wasn't trying to make my tank look bigger, I was doing the sump included. Works out about 122 U.S. Gallons I think

So is the tank 400 litres does that not include the sump? Just so I know for my stocking.

No just the tanks 400 and the sump is between 50/75 depending on what level you want to run it

Back
Top Bottom