Upgrading skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was recently looking at an upgrade to the skimmer I have right now in my 29 gallon. I currently have a 60 gallon berlin airlift with an airstone. Since ive been doing some reading i realize that I probably need to upgrade. I heard that a coralife 60, red sea prizm, or a aqua c remora are good ones. Does anybody have suggestions. I dont want to spend a ton of money, but if its worth it I will. TIA......

Don't get the red sea prizm. It suks!

I loved my coralife super skimmer. I had a CSS 125 in my 29G and the water was crystal clear. It's not that pricey either, comparing to the AquaC. Im using an AquaC PRO on my 75 now but IMO, i would prefer a CSS over a Remora. HTH

Have a look at ASM skimmers, you get high end performance for mid end price. I'd check out the G1x for you tank.

I have an Aqua C Remora and its freakin awesome! I've had a skilter and that was just garbage. I just decided I wanted to quit wasting money so I went and got the one that I REALLY wanted. HTH

I guess there is a lot of different replies about different skimmers. Seems that the coralife, aqua c, and ASM are the way to go after reading others threads. Thanks for the info and i guess ill have to shop around.

Back
Top Bottom