Urchin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today, on my LFS's website, I noticed that they got some urchins in, and I had been wanting one for a long time. The urchin was advertised as a Electric Blue Urchin (also available in red). I then called the store, asked for the price (39.99), and and put the urchin on hold. Although the price was pretty high, they said it was definitely worth it. They told me that it was from Tonga and was more flat than completely round. Does anyone know exactly what kind of urchin this is? And do you have any pictures? Also, think this is worth the 40 bucks? Thanks!

Sounds like they are describing a tuxedo urchin as they come in blue and red. They are the 'reef safe' urchin, but be warned that they will disguise themselves in whatever is around the tank. This can range from polyps to your thermometer.

yeah they might also knock some stuff down, but i have one, i paid alot for mine too but i think hes worth it. a fascinating creature to say the least

Back
Top Bottom