urchin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayesha97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm so excited that I finally got a picture of my urchin, Spike. (my dad named him... just because he bought the little bugger, he thinks that he can name him too!)

http://home.comcast.net/~kraginski/spike.JPG
(sorry for the size)

Has anyone else witnessed the unique act of an urchin expelling their waste through their "eye." I wanted to grab my camera to take a picture, but it was like a bad car wreck, I couldn't take my eyes off my urchin "poopin." :lol:

I have a pencil urchin that came as a hitchicker on some LR from liverocks.com...i never see him move none the less poop...he just shows up on a different rock every morning and camps out for the day. Pooping through your eye does seem pretty damn cool though!

Just be aware that these critters like to snack on coralline algae :?

yeah i learned that when i first got him from other people on line....i plan to keep mine until i get coral then see if the LFS will take him...i figure he'll eat it, poop it out, and help spread it around the tank (i figure that because its what other people told me :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom