using calcium and alkaline buffer to encourage coralline algae growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a pic attached of these bottles i have. is there any point of using them? would it promote and increase coralline algae to spread? its called ESV B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System. One is alalinity and one is calcium? Anybody use these?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-03-24 at 9.38.53 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-03-24 at 9.38.53 PM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 87
It won't promote their growth, it is simply what any calcium based growth will use to build a skeleton. Coraline growth will easily be fueled and fed by what is already in your salt mix and be replenished via weekly water changes.

I use these, along with the Magnesium buffer to dose my tank. The corals seem to do well with it, but I agree with Sniper that it has little to no affect on coralline growth. My experience with coralline growth is keeping good parameters and time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I use these, along with the Magnesium buffer to dose my tank. The corals seem to do well with it, but I agree with Sniper that it has little to no affect on coralline growth. My experience with coralline growth is keeping good parameters and time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

And it'll be a pain in your rear in no time. Just when you thought scraping nuisance algae off of your powerheads was a pain, now it is made of calcium!

should i throw them out? are they even any good anymore? somebody gave them to me about 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom