Using Live Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I am in the process of plumbing in a refugium and will need more sand for it. I am going to my LFS and buying some along with some Calupera. Everyone would agree that you do not use the water from the LFS in your tank, but I have not heard about the sand. You would naturally have LFS water in the LS it can't be totally dry. Would that be a problem or am I thinking too much?

Bearfan said:
Less is best, but none is bad. Just don't add the extra water. Also, the live sand I got from www.liverocks.com is full of stuff, and my LFS had barely live sand.

I agree w/ Bearfan, Liverocks.com sand is packed with life. I would never touch LR or LS from any of my LFS's.

If the live sand from your lfs has life as it should being "live sand" then yes it should have some water!

Zack,
If I ordered Sand and rock from you guys, can I specify the day I want it to arrive? I'd have to take time off work to get it. It's bellow freezing out and if left in the wrong place I'm fairly sure everything would die off.
Also, how much is your shipping on Sand? It doesn't tell me on the site. If I'm getting 20lbs of liverock it says that it's $44.33... If I get 30lbs of liverock it's $51.69. Is it therefor safe to assume that 20lbs of liverock and 10lbs of livesand would together ship for $51.69?

Thanks!

You can save some money if you have a major airport by you. That's what I did. They shipped it air freight on Southwest and it was a lot cheaper than DHL. Also, you know exactly when it'll arrive.

Well... I live in Madison wisconsin. There's an airport here... I dunno if it's a major airport but passanger jets go in and outa here all the time.

hey
We usually only ship air for 100lbs or more, DHL otherwise is more cost effictive.
Live sand is to expensive to ship by itself unless you order 50# or more.
That's why we don't give the price on the web and let the customer contact us
for prices.
Pain Devine i sent you a pm as i don't believe the admins would want me to post the quote here.

Back
Top Bottom