UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what they do, and if they are a good investment. If they are a good investment, which is a good one for a 55 gallon reef? Thanks!

They kill free swimming parasite that get drawn into it and they also kill algea spores. I have the twister which circles around the light allowing more kill ratio.

IMO no tank should be without one. I`m not saying that I have not had ick or algea solely because of my UV but I know it has helped

They are good uints but not needed. I have never run one on my fowlr and have not had one on my reef in over a year. Some say that they can hurt a reef tank by killing off benificial critters and plankton ect.
I would spend money into setting the tank up and then getting a UV after you got everything else you need. Don't skimp on a skimmer, put the money from a UV into a better skimmmer or lighting.

I think that one is good. UV are a much talked about in the saltwater industry. Some say yes and some say no,but I`ll just go with my experience of never having a algea problem and no bouts with ick since I installed UV eight years ago

Back
Top Bottom