Valentini Puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artoledo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question. I went to my LFS and saw a baby Valentini Puffer. The guy at my LFS said he and the Fiji Puffer were the only 2 reef safe puffers. Now i have done alot of searching on the internet and most people who have them say that they have them in reef tanks with no prob. Anyone have one of these guys in a reef? Any experiences?

While the valentini *may* not munch on corals, your clean up crew will still be at risk. IMO, that is just as big a detriment as if they picked at corals.

Crabs, shrimp and snails will be toast.

Crabs, shrimp and snails will be toast.
Hmmm...shrimp toast.

I agree with Lisa, it is just not worth the risk, especially if you have a clean-up crew and other mobile inverts.

I have a blue-dot toby, and theyre pretty close (really i think the only difference is the markings) anyway theyre both Canthigaster

My guy picked on turbo snails and would go for narassassassiss or (whatever theyre called) snails at first (not after they stopped coming out in the day and fed at night) but never bothered my arrow or sally lightfoot crabs, or the astrea snail.

Some of the clean up crew is at risk, yeah but I think its only if he can get at them. Snails cant really activly defend, but crabs can.

Back
Top Bottom