Watchman Goby & DSB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omcnair

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be o.k. to keep an Watchman Goby and mated shrimp in a tank with a deep sand bed, or would the two be too disruptive/destructive to the sand bed?

Normally fish that burrow do not do enough damage to effect a sand bed. The fact that you have a DSB is accually better because it is more like their natural habitat. It allows them to burrow deep enough like they would in the wild.

I agree, unless you have lots of burrowing fish...you won't have a problem. Make sure that you have some larger pieces of sand (CC size) and some rubble available for the fish to shore up it's burrow.

Great. I'll give it a shot. Not right now because I'm currently just planning out my tank inhabitants. But I am really looking forward to observing the behavior between the two. Hopefully they burrow in a place where I can watch.

I have a Watchman Goby and he has yet to burrow....Matter of fact, I haven't seen a WG ever burrow. There are other Gobies that will though....WG seem to perch themselves on a rock and stare at you... Mine watches my every move..They do get a mouthfull of sand every now and again and filter it through their gills....Funny to watch... I don't think it will bother your DSB at all...

Back
Top Bottom