Water pressure coming from a duel loc line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How can i get the water pressure to come out the same on a duel loc line? One side will be full strength and the other tube very little water coming out of it.

You can buy a ball valve for loc-line. That would allow you to make the pressure equal, or there about, on each output

Can you provide a picture?

I don't know how to post the pictures from my phone. But I think I got it fixed. I turned up the dial on my Vectra M1 and seemed to work so far.
Just doing the water test for my new tank to make there is no leaks.
Once this is finished I will start my new tank build thread.

So more GPH solved the issue?

Yep but now I have a mess and can't clean it up.
Got the tank filled up turned the pump back on and I heard large amount of water leaking opened the stand door only to see water coming from the bottom of the bulkhead
So now I can't move the tank, stand and the sump to clean the water up.

Tank is 180gallons and the sump is a 75gallon tank converted into a sump/refugium and the sump to lift up to clean the water that is under neath it. Hopefully since I had refinished the stand I used the water sealant to seal the water from water spills so I am hoping it will keep it protected and nor break and all come crashing down.

Too tight causes leaks too. You just want to hand tighten them.

I hope I did not over tighten one of them I took a picture and looks like two possible cracks.
I will have to take the pipe out and dry the inside of the overflow and take another picture to see if it is cracked. I sure hope it is not cracked I will not be a happy camper.

ok i took the return pipe out to confirm the two small cracks inside the overflow box. Question is can i put silicon on top and bottom of the cracks?

If i can do this will it effect the level of the gasket to cause it not be level?

Will there be a chance of the cracks getting bigger due to water pressure inside the overflow box?

You really cranked on that thing to get it to crack.
Silicon will prevent water from leaking, but that crack can easily become a chunk out of the glass. Not something I'd have my livestock in.

Back
Top Bottom