Water problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there a way that you can make the water loss level slow down some. It seems that my water disappears in a week. Also, is there a way that the salt won't be all over the top of my tank.

I have a ten gallon tank and it's been up since january 1st

Is there a way that you can make the water loss level slow down some. It seems that my water disappears in a week.
I don't know, maybe a chiller would help. I top up my tank every other day. I use the chance to dose kalsawater.
is there a way that the salt won't be all over the top of my tank.
salt creep is usually due to air bubbles popping at the surface. If you have a venturi hooked up to a ph then remove it.

I top off my 150 every day. :roll: I loose almost 2 gal a day to evap. on a 10 gal you need to top off at least every day to keep the salt level from getting to high and killing all your stuff.

I've seen a bottle of stuff at the Petsmart called salt creep eliminator. Supposed to help salt creep and corrosion. Haven't used it yet but it might help.

Salt creep eliminator? I'm not sure how it could stop salt creep.. unless ofcourse it's just a cleaning product to remove it from surfaces.

I have tried the salt creep you are talking about and doesnt seem to work to well. Plus I was a little hesitant to spray the stuff on or near the area that the salt was creepint to/from. most of the time its right near some of the aquarium water...wasnt to impressed with it though,,,just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom