Water temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
At what temp do u keep your water? Fish n corals?

If above 77 degrees- please advise method used to keep water cool? Or stable at 77??

i go with 78 degrees. :)
I used to be at 80 but I heard that could have contributed to my brain coral dying so now I roll at 78 on all my tanks.

I keep my tank at 26c which Is about 77 Fahrenheit I think,part of my cycle in my tank runs through a chiller,so I have my thermometer turned up a little higher to 26.5,my chiller regulates temp but make sure you have enough pumps and extra fans to move the water thus not creating dead spots where water can cool to much

80 won't hurt corals. i've ran tanks from 78-82 with no ill effects. try to keep it stable as stated.

80 won't hurt corals. i've ran tanks from 78-82 with no ill effects. try to keep it stable as stated.

You are like mythbusters Mr. X. LOL
I hear all these crazy things and you're here to prove or disprove. I love it.

thanks,

79.0, +/- 0.5 degrees.

As far as how I keep it at that temp... during the day, except for summer, it pretty much stays there without any help. Obviously heaters keep it there when the lights are off, or when the house is a little cool. During the summer when the house gets warmer, I have a clip-on fan next to the tank that blows air across the top of the tank to keep the temperature from climbing too high.

Back
Top Bottom