Water / Temp Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZCyndi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am coming up on a water change for my tank (20 gal hex w/ a pair of clowns) and the difficulty is that the water temp in the tank is 80 degrees, but the new water is room temp which is 70 couple degrees. I change 25% of the water and don't want to introduce this much cooler water. Does anyone have any advice?

Best thing when mixing new water is use a small PH to keep the water moving and well aerated as well as a small heater. It is much safer to change the water when it match's salinity, temp and ph. Much less stress on your animals...

Cheers
Steve

My r/o unit is outside....I have to mix alot of buckets...what I do, is take my largest mixing bowl and heat one bowl of water in the microwave, then add it to the rest of the water in the bucket. I keep doing this until the temp is right. With the amount you are changing, it should be easy to do.

I let the SW for my water change mix and aerate in a 5 gallon bucket (3 gal change in a 20 gal tank). I usually let it mix for at least 24 hours along with a small ebo heater. That way the water is fairly close to the tank water when it comes time to do the change. You can pick up the heater for like 15 bucks, its worth it.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I had thought about the microwave solution, and will probably do that in the immediate. I never even thought to get another thermometer to heat up the change water to the tank temp. Duh!

But, that's why I am a member here. :)

Back
Top Bottom