water test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaczorowski

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i've been in this saltwater thing for about 4 weeks i got 2 dansels 1 brittle star and 30lbs live rock and i had gotten a free babystar fish that was in the live rock and i did 2 water changes since i started and i did a test today with a tetra test kit and i want to get rid of my damsels and get a lionfish and clams and stuff so here is my test results and i think my hardness is low my first test was 10 now it's 5

ph 8.0

no2 0.3

kh 5 drops

nh3/4 0.0mg

salt in water is 1.023

so what do ya think?

my other question is i am starting to get ALOT of rusty lookin allege anything you got to clean that mess up?

LIONFISH!!!! hehe

One word Kevin -- Punctuation! Of course one easy way to get rid of your damsels is to buy the Lionfish!!!

Also, is there a conversion chart on your Alk test kit? 5 drops seems a little vague unless of course it really is one to one.

The rusty looking allege might be diatoms, which happen during the cycle. Your tank is only 4 weeks old and unless I missed something it appears it's was populated as part of the cycle, not after. The fact that you still have nitrites is not great IMO. What is the Nitrate level ?? Also what size is your tank?

Last thing, for clams you are going to need some serious lighting. What do you currently have?

Back
Top Bottom