Weirdest fish sleep areas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to start a thread to see all the weird places people's fish sleep.

To start my blue hippo tang sleep in the space between the magnet of the koralia and the actual koralia, pretty cool.

Haha wow thats sweet! Well i think i saw my flame hawk sleeping upside down just now... And sometimes my black clown gets sucked to the intake of the filter while sleeping. He scares us because he looks dead!

Ahaha this is a great thread topic!!

The chalk bass is also weird. Sleeps right on the sand!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha wow thats sweet! Well i think i saw my flame hawk sleeping upside down just now... And sometimes my black clown gets sucked to the intake of the filter while sleeping. He scares us because he looks dead!

Yea I would be scared too if I saw my clown in the filter intake, pretty cool though, one clown of mine sleeps under the water coming out of the filter and the other on the sand

My blue green chromis sleeps behind my powerhead which is right next to where my pair of clowns sleep in a low flow area. I think my chromis doesn't want to be left out and tries to sleep as close as possible to them because even throughout the day he is always trying to swim with them like he's paired up with them as well

VinnyP said:
My blue green chromis sleeps behind my powerhead which is right next to where my pair of clowns sleep in a low flow area. I think my chromis doesn't want to be left out and tries to sleep as close as possible to them because even throughout the day he is always trying to swim with them like he's paired up with them as well

Haha dude thats kinda sad... You need to buy him a few friends!

This is my whole setup.
img_2006664_0_0f748ec160d1f0037eb72b348250979c.jpg

This is where my fish sleep every night.
img_2006664_1_464859d92876ff5207b306daed0bc56e.jpg

Terrance said:
This is my whole setup.

Hah, that's awesome. He's king of the tank, he has to have a nice throne to lay on and observe his territory! xD

Terrance said:
This is my whole setup.

Love it! I've never caught my puff sleeping in the same place. What kind of puffer is that one?

I have a fairly big betta that always wedges himself in the smallest places he can find. His fave seems to be between a pot and a fake plant

The Green Clown Goby in my Bio14 builds a nest of bubbles and algae that he collects around the tank. He perches in this nest within the branches of Colt Coral. Don't know how he collects this stuff before bedding down but it looks almost like cotton candy, Cept it's green. I don't have a camera capable of picturing this and it dissolves once the lights turn on in the morning
My Psychedelic Dragonet lays on the substrate and changes color at night. A pale white. Almost as though it were dead. He gets upset when I check him out with my blue lensed flashlight. The Clown Goby couldn't care less when I check him out with the same light.

Love it! I've never caught my puff sleeping in the same place. What kind of puffer is that one?

I have a fairly big betta that always wedges himself in the smallest places he can find. His fave seems to be between a pot and a fake plant

That is Barney the Fahaka puffer. I know this thread was posted in the saltwater section, but he is a freshwater fish.

My red devil sleeps in the fish wreck on his side I thought it was weird

So one time I came home from out of town in the middle of the night. I turned my tank lights on to see three of my cichlids laying on the sand asleep on their sides. I thought they were dead! Too funny

My Rafael catfish sleeps on TOP of my submersible heater. I keep thinking he's a floater go to take him out bam off to the races.

every night, my blenny sleeps upside down in a little cave. He used to curl up in a clam shell until I moved it.

Lonestarbandit said:
My Rafael catfish sleeps on TOP of my submersible heater. I keep thinking he's a floater go to take him out bam off to the races.

Nice and warm there! Haha

Back
Top Bottom