Well....can't go salty just yet,but

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As some may remember I am helping a bud with a FO 2Og as well as kicking off a 80g FOWLR (or so I thought).

I went to pick up the used 80g bowfront and stand which had been used as a FW planted tank.The guy selling had yet to pull the substrate and was working on that while I was driving over.
When he got to the bottom of the tank he found two nice cracks in the glass bottom....apparently this occured in a recent move.

Needless to say this was a major disappointment...BUT there was some upside.His wife wanted this big tank out of the new apartment.Period.
So he said if I could take the tank with me I could also take everything that came with it for free.So I scored some SW supplies and a 80g bowfront stand just for a short drive.

I'd like some thoughts on what I have though:

Here are the lights:http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=ES53106

The sump (although I'm not sure if its this one or the smaller one):http://wetpetsusa.stores.yahoo.net/marfiltid1.html

Some kind of big (softball sized) water pump with hoses that I haven't inspected to close yet...looks pretty strong though.

And a visitherm 300w heater and well as the stand and hood.

I most curious about the quality of the lights and will they sustain coral... as well as the quality if the sump system.

Thanks,

Bummer about the tank. The lights are not strong enough for that size tank, for corals.

I think it depends on what kind of corals you are looking for. I have this same light. I've got some zoos and some mushrooms at the bottom of a 110 gallon, which is taller than your 80, and they're doing fine. Low light hardy corals may be okay. Anything that requires high light though and you'll definitely need to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom