Went to the hardware store... (funny story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pain Devine

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I lucked out and someone I work with gave me a free aquarium that I plan to use for a refugium. I stopped by the petstore and got a 16 Gallon bowfront and then headed to the hardware store.

After about an hour there (and very happy that I found 6500k bulbs) I headed to the checkout. The cashier looked down into my cart and then look back up at me and smirked. Then the bagger girl giggled... I was puzzled...

(At this point in the story I feel it nessicery to explain that I have hair half way down my back. I'm a guitarist, not a hippie... but the un-informed often mistake me for one. )

So I look down in my cart and notice that I have:

2 - florescent ballasts
4 - 20 watt florescent bulbs that have "GROW LIGHTS" in giant letters printed on them.
1 - Electrical timer with "great for indor growing!" printed on it.
1 - water pump
Lots of PVC odds and ends, and PVC tubing

So I said "oh, it's for an aquarium...." and they just giggled and replied "Uh huh... good luck growing fish!"

Lol... I shoulda mailordered this stuff!

(if anyone didn't get what was going on, all that equipment is the same stuff you'd buy to make a hydroponic setup to grow Marajuana.)

I know, I mean.. I don't know from experiance, but I know :lol:

Makes you wonder why they were giggling, They shouldn't know what that stuff is afterall. :wink:

LMAO, wait till you ask the drug store for needle so you can nuke some aiptasia, they will think your a junkie big time ;) Save the incriminating looks, put on some overalls and work boots and go to the feed store ;)

LOL, I got glared at in Walgreens by a crabby lady, for trying to buy a syringe for aiptasia until I wised up and went to Farm Fleet.

THose 2 girls are probably not Ms. innocent... the fact that they BOTH knew alternative uses for grow lights and timers.. ha ha.

It's not like there's anything else you could grow indoors under MH.. only 20 million other kinds of plants (and corals ) :roll:

hee hee

should of went to the parking lot and smoked with them hehehehe why not were they hot lolol ?!?!
didnt know ya could by syringes like that !! hehehe i thought i hit gold when i got my marine depot mag and seen the sell syringes just for aiptasias heheh

heh even if I look like the typical kid on tv, cargo pants, nice shirt, short hair with gel, etc... I got the super look of death because I live in Gainesville (college town) and of course if I am in college I must smoke weed or something :p

Back
Top Bottom