Wet dry sump pump advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandylk0904

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 125 gal wet dry filter and I am currently using a utility pump 7 mag drive. It works fine but it is very loud. I was wondering if anyone knows of a quieter option.

I am using the Jabeo dc pump. It comes in a couple sizes and the flow can be changed on the remote. Also has a feed option which shuts off the pump and then turns back on slowly to avoid churning and noise too I guess. It runs great and is quite. Have had my running for almost a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

a lot of times they get loud if they aren't cleaned I clean it once every 2 weeks
I also like to lube the impeller I don't take concern with the small slick it creates because the skimmer takes it right out of the water.

Last edited:
What size of the jabeo dc pump do you think would I need for a 125 gal?

I have a 265 gallon tank and run the 12000 currently but wish I went with the 15000. For you I would say go with the 12000 and get the new version it's a Jabeo dct-12000. I would just make sure you are oversized since it has the flow control you can turn it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom