We've Got a Jumper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimmer910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a diamond back Goby today and I know they're known for jumping. I have a glass top over most of the tank except the whole back by about 2inches because of the hang on back filter. Here I am lying in bed about to go to sleep when I hear all this splashing. Thankfully it tried jumping out where it was covered. So I thought it was only this once it won't try again. Well once again I hear splashing 5 mins later. Again tried jumping where is was covered. Fearing the third time would be the charm for him I put a temporary cover over the gaps for the night, but does anyone have a permanent solution I could do?

Keep a cover over the gaps. That's really all you can do other than getting a full cover. If it wants to commit suicide it's gonna find a way unless you everything is covered

I had fish jump out a 1/2 by 1/2 inch hole how they are so accurate finding the spot is mind blowing , but like it was said if they want out they will find a way out .

I had fish jump out a 1/2 by 1/2 inch hole how they are so accurate finding the spot is mind blowing , but like it was said if they want out they will find a way out .

Wow that's crazy. Thankfully the Goby hasn't jumped out yet. I didn't hear any splashing last night so I hope it gave up

Back
Top Bottom