What angel fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys I'm thinking of buying an angel fish for my 150g tank.

Is there any non dwarf angelfish I can keep that is coral safe and don't get too big?

I have been looking at the blue faced angelfish, majestic angel and regal angel. Would any of theses be ok for my tank?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Hi guys I'm thinking of buying an angel fish for my 150g tank.

Is there any non dwarf angelfish I can keep that is coral safe and don't get too big?

I have been looking at the blue faced angelfish, majestic angel and regal angel. Would any of theses be ok for my tank?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

There are just a few dwarf angels that are cautiously coral safe, but I know of no angels that wouldn't feed on polyps, or pick at them if they were available. The below article says a Regal angel would be okay.

Excellent article;

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/10/fish

Last edited:
The Regal is the only one of those that would work for a 150. The others require larger. Regals are tough to keep and I believe are "with caution" for reefs.

Some of the lesser-known (or at least you don't hear people talk about them much) that should work are Angels like the Bellus, Lamarks and Watanabei. All are 125g+ and I believe all are fairly friendly and reef-safe. Read up on any Angel you purchase as a lot of them have specific needs and some are difficult to keep.

The Regal is the only one of those that would work for a 150. The others require larger. Regals are tough to keep and I believe are "with caution" for reefs.

Some of the lesser-known (or at least you don't hear people talk about them much) that should work are Angels like the Bellus, Lamarks and Watanabei. All are 125g+ and I believe all are fairly friendly and reef-safe. Read up on any Angel you purchase as a lot of them have specific needs and some are difficult to keep.

Thanks that's really helpful, I will have a good look on the web when I finish work tomorrow.

Thanks for your help. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom