What are the benefits of GARF Grunge plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am intreseted to see how this comes out but the other day I ordered 5lbs of grunge plus from garf.org. Should be here today maybe tomorrow. I will keep you all posted if anybody is intrested on how this benefits an established tank?

I am intreseted to see how this comes out but the other day I ordered 5lbs of grunge plus from garf.org. Should be here today maybe tomorrow. I will keep you all posted if anybody is intrested on how this benefits an established tank?

Did not show up today went out in the mail Monday so it better be here tomorrow, LOL!

Good luck with it. Keep us updated. I'm a bit skeptical of anything advertised around a "bulletproof reef". I didn't see mention of the pests that must also be present in the grunge as well as the beneficial creatures. I see mystery mantis shrimp and gorilla crabs, but I'm an alarmist. ;)

I've used GARF Grunge before and I love it! I made the mistake of not turning off my pumps before putting it in and it clouded the water for about a day. Other than that mishap, I think the stuff is awesome.

Well it was supposed to be here yesterday did not show, and it did not show up againa today. Hopefully tomorrow the bad thing is I will be out of town till Monday. Sucks! My roommate will be here and I hate the thought of him touching my tank. Called Leroy at GARF and he said the stuff is good for up to 8 days. I set up a 20g tank in the floor with an airstone some saltwater I just drained froom my tank for a water change and I will let him put the grunge in there till I get home Monday.

that stufff is amazing and leroy is awsome he has bean in the hobby for 30+ years i have bean using the website from the beginning of aquaria. If you have any questions call him on the phone number that is to order because the otherone doesn't work. That guy is amzing!!!

So it looks like this stuff is good for adding all the little critters one would want in their sand bed like worms and starfish?

How would you suggest adding it to a DT? Should I worry about a mini cycle? What about keeping the stuff from mucking up the water? I am considering some. Maybe I could burry little clumps of it throughout the tank?

Matt

Well after Easter and going to the beach I finally got the Grunge out of the 20g temp tank and put it into my reef tank. Its some cool looking stuff! A big mixture of sand, rock, shells, lots of coraline algae, etc.... I did search thru it while it was in the 20g tank and there was no pests at all! Stuff looks amazing. I did not find any coral frags or serpent stars in it. Looks cool in the bottom of the tank. I will keep you posted as to what it does. So far there has not been a mini cycle

great and dont worry about the water getting merky. just turn off all powerheads and u will be okay within a 1day at the most. They come with mini stars,copepods, and anphipods.

I'm really thinking about getting some for the sump I'll be setting up in a few weeks. i'm almost convinced, would love to see pics from a consumer. I saw the ones from their site.

Just an FYI, I purchased some rubble from Premium Aquatics at $1.99 per pound. It seems a lot like what was described with the grunge. I'll have to post some pics, its really messy so I'm too embarrassed to post it (I just have it piled up in one corner) :p Anyhow it was a lot of small pieces of live rock, tiny shells, and dead coral pieces. Tonight I went to check and what appears to be a baby serpent star. A lot of coraline algae throughout too.

here look at my reef vids on youtube. Just type in brian242pa and look at vids i mixed it in with the sand though and can you guys just go to this website and help me get more poeple so i can get a free rs membership and it is legal just open this link by right clicking it and copy link location and paste to open Runescape Pin Generator

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom