What are your two best saltwater purchases of 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

San Raphael Catfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Scopas Tang -- love that fish. Makes so much nuisance algae disappear. I have had Starry Night and Lawnmower Blenny before, but the Scopas is a gentler fish, with a bigger appetite and maybe even better eyes for seeking out green algaes to gobble up. When I see people with green hair algae complaining about it, I think to myself "My Scopas tang would love that for a treat, and that would only be a couple of weeks worth."

GFO reactor -- If you have cyano, my advice is skip turning off the lights, skip the cyano ridding chemical and get a simple GFO reactor. Got my Two Fishes reactor for about 30 dollars, already had an old pump from my skimmer, and bought some cheap bulk GFO off of Amazon. My rocks are no longer covered, my corals are clean, sometimes I still get a little on the sand at the bottom of the tank, but I just vaccum it up when I do my PWC.

What are your two best saltwater purchases of 2014?

What do you think of Scopas tangs and GFO reactors?

:thanks:

I upgraded my tank from a 60 to a 90 and traded up my lights for two kessils 360w (which arrived today!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ORA red planet acropora and my fathead dendro coral :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom