What could this be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a bunch of these things I can't identify. There are probably 100~ of them. They are like 8th of an inch. Flat, white, pointed on one side and rounded on the other. They seem to be multiplying but based on their color they look like they must be using calcium to multiply. I can't get a good picture of them at the time. From what iv researched it doesn't look like it is a flat worm. And that's all I could think of.

heres a picture sorry its an Iphone picture.

img_1769422_0_aac08a59cfdadf056c24f2a51d2f5a9d.jpg

Do they respond when you poke them? They look like pineapple or q tip sponges to me.

Nope that's not what they are. Qtip sponges are fuZZY but these are totally smooth. They are only on this small rock and the back glass.

Ive got probably close to 200 on my glass at this point. I asked about it in my main thread and was getting similar responses. Carey did suggest that it might be some pre-coralline algae colony that will start turning purple. Mr. X said to just leave it and see what happens as long as it isn't hurting anything.

I'm thinking it's something living. I can see a yellowing color inside the outer white, "egg shape". My GUESS is some sort of snail spawn, but I'm probably wrong.

well they arnt hurting anything I was just really worried they were flat worms that were going to attack my corals.

Well I'm not 100% sure, but after looking around, I am very positive, that in my case it's either stomatella or nerite snail eggs / babies.

thats my only conclusion i have found from researching because they look like eggs and i have nerite snails and they are the only thing thats ever on my glass. i googled nerite snail eggs and that is what they are they look exactly the same.

they seem rather large for snail eggs. Usually when I see snail eggs their are hundreds and hundreds together in a pattern.

they seem rather large for snail eggs. Usually when I see snail eggs their are hundreds and hundreds together in a pattern.

nah mate they are snail eggs every picture of nerite snail eggs online look 100% identical

Back
Top Bottom