What do you do to keep your anenomes healthy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmarine

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey i was just wondering what everyone did to keep their anenomes healthy and happy??

Mr. Marine

what lighting do you have? This is the biggest issue with anemones is the lack of lighting.

when i bought my lights my lfs layed them out from strongest to weakest (all pc's) and i chose the stronngest pcs

Mr. Marine

when i bought my lights my lfs layed them out from strongest to weakest
ouch. I can't imagine buying lighting from the LFS. With the huge markup those crooks charge I'd be broke.
Sounds convenient though. If you've got the discretionaryincome, more power!

MadManMac: Anemones live that long? If you're thinking of corals the actual polyps only live to be a couple of years.

I suggest metal halides if your going to try anemones. Even then they don't live more than a few years. There are exceptions though.

Yeah it really depends on what you kind of anonome you have. But for the most part lighting is key just like everyone said and about once a week I give mine a little krill.. like a piece about 1 inch long as well as around wed I do live brine feeding and he seems to really enjoy those as well so I fire a little squirt of the turkey baster I feed them with his way. I have a green carpet.. s. haddoni and my prayers have been answered so far *knock* Knock *

Doan

Back
Top Bottom