What do you guys think of the Amiracle Protein Skimmers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legends92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you guys think of the Amiracle Protein Skimmers? I'm thinking of purchasing the Hurricane, Venturi Skimmer for my 75 Gallon thank. I'm already going to the purchase the Amiracle Slim Line 250 Wet/Dry filter.

Thank you for the input. I'm so new to this whole process, it's difficult to know what to get and what brand to get.

You know what they say about Amiracle protein skimmers and there products in general right?

It's Amiracle if you get them to work! :lol:

don't want to hi-jack ur thread, however, if i may, i would like to ask a question...

i have an aquac ev-180 sump type protein skimmer. most say that the sump type skimmers would be better than an HOB like the remora. why is that? sometime i think it is a real hassle to mess with my ev-180 in my sump within my stand.

THe sump style skimmers use larger pumps and have a larger bubble contact chamber allowing them to process more water at a more powerful rate.

And if they flood for some reason it drops back into your system instead of on your carpet.

A little off topic, but love the boxer on your avatar. We just adopted an 8 year old female from our local shelter. She's getting over kennel cough atm, but she's a total sweetheart.

Also off topic, Darin I'm ordering a 2x96w pc retro kit and I need a pair of 55w actinic pc w/straight pins to go with my current system. I can only find 65w on your site.

thanks, just picked up the boxer pup about 5 weeks ago. boxers make great family pets.

thanks for the replies all.

Indy shoot you a PM. 65 watt bulbs will work in a 55 watt ballast though. They are essentially the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom