What do you guys use on the end of your return hose.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copester

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you use to hold your hose and what do you use for a nozzle other than the end of the return hose for those of you with an overflow with sump? :?:

I use 3/4" pvc pipe for my return line. It enters the tank after going thru 2 90's to form a "U" that goes over the edge of the tank. It then goes into a tee and a couple 45's to spread the flow out a little. I recommend "hard piping" your return. It gives you much more control.

Mark

return

I use almost the same setup on my 110. It seems to work well. I agree about hard piping the return also. I do use a short piece of tubing between the pump and the PVC to cut down on the noise though.
Logan J

I use 1" PVC because my pump has 1" outlet on it and I did not want to reduce it and introduce backpressure.

I go out of the pump at 1" PVC and then go thru a 1 way flap valve to protect against power outages. Then I convert to plastic tubing (to reduce vibration) and then convert back to 1" PVC.

I then go thru a "T" connector to split off the return into two. I plumb these to either end of the tank. I use a combo of 90's to get up and over the tank. I use 1 90 elbow on the end to direct the flow a few inches below the surface of the water.

My flow goes from the back corners in the direction of the front middle of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom