What does "effluent" refer to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsxrguru2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been doing a lot of research on manifolds and this is reffered to quite a bit. Haven't been able to figure out what it means, can anybody enlighten me? :D

one of the guys on reef central refers to it quite a bit in his discussion of manifolds....

"use larger pipe too on the output of the CL pump up to and around the manifold... and only reduce as needed at the tees for effluents. For example: ~ 5000 gph water pump on a 120 gallon display with a 2"bulkhead feeding the pump and 1.5-2" pipe coming off the pump and running the loop for the manifold. Off the manifold 15 tees (three capped to give 12 running effluents for a 1 tee per ten gall ballpark/guide) come off the loop on reduction to say 3/4" (open nozzles) or 1" (flared nozzles)"

maybe he is talking about lower flow needing plumbed divises in the loop? A calcium reactor would qualify.. so would a UV or chiller... If this is the case that is alot more general a term then I thought it was.. Oh well.. live an learn.. :D

Back
Top Bottom