What fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Medx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have started a saltwater tank that is 36 gallons. I ask what fish could I keep in my 36 gal. I am a newbie to saltwater tank so nothing to hard or too expensive.

Hi I have started a saltwater tank that is 36 gallons. I ask what fish could I keep in my 36 gal. I am a newbie to saltwater tank so nothing to hard or too expensive.

Ocellaris clowns, gobies, dartfish, damsels, chromis, some wrasses... theres alot of fish. My tank is a 39 gallon and its not big enough for some types of fish.

Won't those be to big ? and what about a Valentini puffer I saw one at my pet store and loved it !

Yea I've seen a show where a man gets stung by his own lion fish and had to go to the hospital so no lion fish for me haha

I've heard it's just severely painful, but it can be bad. Heat is the best way to deal with it.

For the most part, dottybacks are as tough as nails ... though often a little nasty with other fish (and certainly with each other). Tony

Some can be pretty aggressive. I forget which type it was, but I read something where they described the Pseudo as not just attacking another fish, but disemboweling it.

I pulled a Neon years ago after days of chasing every fish in the tank. It was non- stop , whatever fish it saw, it went after.

Yes I plan in having some corals but hardy ones

Haha won't the puffer eat some of the clean up crew too?

Back
Top Bottom