What fish is not compatible with anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Am thinkin of getting a Niger Trigger
Plan to get a few sea anemones also....
are they ok to have together?
I would think that all fish that isnt immune to the stink would stay clear of them
just tryin to plan for things I want to see if they will work
will get a clown or 2 (may have to get rid of the damsels)
what about puffers?
Coral Beauty Angles?
bluehead wrasse?

I know a guy who's got a condy in a tank with two clowns that has 7 triggers in it. That's just one person I know who has pulled it off though.

I think the coral beauty would be okay.
It would really depend on the puffer. It would probably have to be a puffer that doesn't have a beak.
and I don't know about the wrasse....

FOWLR does not contain anemone in the equation ;)

I do not see what you have listed for lighting. Anemone require high lighting and normal output lights will not be enough. The fish you have listed are not considered reef safe. The wrasse, puffer and triggers will eat the crabs, snails and shrimp you have listed. I realize this was not your question, but I saw from your signature what you have in there and thought I would tell you that you will not have them for long with your fish choices (contemplations)

i know and i building my lights now....thanks
need to update the sig -
want to get suggestions before i get stuff thats why i posted
havent really decided what i want....like corals and reef but theres alot of stuff and fish thats cant go (or not suggested I should say)

yes thank you...i am aware of all this but that isnt my question at hand :)
i really like and want anemones (IN THE FUTURE) but also have some fish i really like to and want too and just wanting to know if they are compatible since the compatiblity charts doesnt have anemones listed
to be honest....id rather have anemones then corals and basically wanting to know if I can have non reef safe fish in my FOWLR w/ anemones - hope that helps

Pearsont74 -

I have an Anemone, Niger Trigger, Saddle Wrasse and a few others that have lived in the tank together for over a year now, and they have all been doing great. Trigger aggressiveness is really based on personality. sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes it will be a disaster. Out of all the Triggers, I personally think the Niger is the most docile to choose from.
Lighting will definitely be the key factor for success with the Anemone though. I use 2 250w MH in addition to 4x65w pc's, and the Anemone is still in the same spot when I put him in, which is a good thing. Good luck to you.

Mike

I know I will have to get my lights up to a higher level and can only do some much so fast due to the expense (unfortantely my money tree isnt doing so good...)
I love the niger trigger and want one

Not all fish are created equal and it's really hard to anticipate how one fish will behave as compared to another. Especially with those listed as (safe with caution). Good luck. I love the niger as well.

220g with a bubble tip anemone, a 19" Niger Trigger, an 8" Humu Trigger, and a 3" Undulated tribber... running 65x4 PC lighting. They dont seem to bother it a bit.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom