What happened to my skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
It just stopped producing bubbles. It used to froth and foam and now it just produces microbubbles that don't get more than a micron thick at the surface of the water.

The skimmer is the in-sump venturi-style model that came in my wet/dry.

I'd like to get it up and running long enough to feel better about my tank while I'm replacing it. I guess people run skimmerless but it has me a little freaked out...

It doesn't improve at all if I completely remove the "valve" at the end of the airline. It didn't help when I took the tube and collection cup out and cleaned them, either. I'm not sure what else to try in order to get it functional again.

Thanks, gang!

Maybe everything is cleaned out and there is nothing left to skim out for the time being. Wait a couple of days and see what happens.

8)

I've waited for about a week after I cleaned it out. I know there's crud in there that needs to be skimmed. I have a tang, lol. I took the pump apart, cleaned it all out and put it back in. Still not working. *sigh*

I was hoping there was some skimmer secret that I didn't know about that would just have it working again.

Back
Top Bottom