What hours do you light your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I light my tank from 2pm to midnight because I like to enjoy them and if I lit the tank during normal daytime hours I'd never get to see my livestock.

What hours do you light your tank and why? Is there any harm to lighting the tank during the evening hours?

11:00-22:00 works great for me.
If you have moonlight you can watch the litle critters after houres too:)

I run actinics 7am to 9pm and daylight from 10am to 6pm. I really need to adjust that, considering I usually get home from work aroung 5:45pm.

mine are on from 3pm-12pm. I like to watch it when I get home.

I look at it like this too, almost everything in my tank is from the other side of the world so it makes them feel more at home.

Actinics on at 11am, off at 11pm. 10,000K on at noon, off at 10pm. moonlights on 24/7.

Right now I run them 1:45 p.m to 9:45 p.m. I like this timing because I stay up later and check out the all the stuff going on in the dark at night. I have several "hitchhiker" creatures that only come out in the dark.

i run my 12pm - 10pm, i am running pc light but i want to switch to mh so i could run from 12pm - 8pm one pc and 1pm - 9pm mh and 2pm - 10 pm the other pc that way it could have like a little sun set and sun raise effect

Back
Top Bottom