What is eating my softies???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a softies and some xenias. Just recently I discovered there was a tube thing built up connected to the leather and xenias' root. The tube is like a tunnel built of slime and sand I wonder what it is???

It must be some kind of worms I think. The tube can be built up overnight. I destroyed it when I discovered it but the next day that "thing" will build another tube connected to my xenias again. I have got no idea what that is because I never really seen it in action only the tube the next morning. My leather has died because of this thing. It built a hole connected directly to the stalk of the leather and when I destroyed the sand tube away I saw this big hole deep into the stalk like a hole drilled out by a drill. This leather had since died but now this is happening to my xenias and I don't want to let them die as they grow so huge now in my tank and look so nice.

I normally place these xenias on the tonga branches near top of the water and this tube thing is like a tunnel from deep underneath the sand connecting right to the top of the root of the xenias.

If someone could advise what this "thing" is would be very much appreciated.

Im not sure a drill is the best way to find out what it is....maybe to kill it but it leaves no room for identification!

Get a dottyback, you will never see a worm in your tank again!

If you can get a pic , we then get move it over to the identification forum where the experts can figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom