What is normal for Blue Linckia laevigata?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blomquist923

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Our most recent addition is our blue linckia laevigata. He's been cruising the tank for the last week, doing a fine job of munching on everything scum and slime. But then the last day, he's up by the filter intake, and SOMETHING is hanging off of him. It's beige and stringy.

I called our regular 'fish expert' whose been doing this for the last 30 yrs, and was informed by the college kid who works for him - he's out of the country for 3 mo -so I'm in a panic. The college kid said it's poop. The articles I've read suggest that it's 'guts'. HELP!!

Blue's color is vibrant, his tentacles are moving, he got down on to some brine last night. But is back up by the filter intake this a.m.

Checked nitrates and the other levels - we're good. HELP!!

Thanks!

Tori

Okay I need help here - he's REALLY doinng badly!! He's not hanging by all five legs....he's slouched over....HELP!!

I've found linkia's in general to not be very hardy. I've tried twice then gave up. I had a blue that lasted a month just to all of a sudden, "melt" for no reason. I had and orange one that lasted for three months only to end up the same fate. I wish I had an idea what could have caused it, or a way to help you but, once the decline starts, they go very fast. Sorry. :(

Oh, before my blue one expired, it had that beige stingy stuff to. it's the tenticles on the underside of the legs falling off. That's how mine started.

Phooeey!

He's dead - just laying there dead.....and none of the 'college kids' at the store have a CLUE!! "Oh, no, he'll turn ridgid and then turn whitish..." W/E!! Funeral's Saturday at the upstairs toilet. UGH!!

I'll just get a shrimp - their more fun anyway!

Back
Top Bottom