What is the green stuff on my rock?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, one of my live rocks from the lfs had some coraline algae on it. Now I'm also noticing some light green/bluish coloring that's spreading. It's pretty and it doesn't look like algae. It just looks like my daughter found a highlighter and randomly colored the rock here and there. I've also noticed a little bit on the rock next to it, which I think is nice since it's a base rock w/out personality... as long as the green stuff isn't bad, that is. :blink:

TeamTrash said:
So, one of my live rocks from the lfs had some coraline algae on it. Now I'm also noticing some light green/bluish coloring that's spreading. It's pretty and it doesn't look like algae. It just looks like my daughter found a highlighter and randomly colored the rock here and there. I've also noticed a little bit on the rock next to it, which I think is nice since it's a base rock w/out personality... as long as the green stuff isn't bad, that is. :blink:

I don't know what it is but can we get a pic? Lol

Here is a picture. And now I need to google cyanobacteria! Oh, and it's the stuff almost right in the middle of the picture. :)

Attachments

• image-3757548675.jpg
    image-3757548675.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 99
Fabulous, so it looks like it's finally growing and spreading to the base rock. Thank goodness because the base rocks do not have any personality at the moment... except for some brown algae that I'm cultivating for my snails :cool:

Back
Top Bottom