What is the right lighting for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HAPPYPTJJ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gal. tank with 30 lbs. of live rock. I wont to get stuff growing on it. as of now I have 2 of the Reef/Sun 50/50 bulbs each one just have 15 watts. I need to find out all I can. What I need to get my tank the way I wont it. I do not wont to put any more fish or rocks in to the tank until I can get the right lights for it..

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
What type of "stuff" would you like to have grow on the LR? If you are talking about purple coraline algea the lights you have will be just fine. Coraline depends on a high ALK and Calcium level in the tank more then it does on lighting. IF you want to try your hand at corals you will need more intense light.

As of right now I have purple, green and deep red algea growing real good. I also have something that looks like white fuzzy mold growing on one of my rocks.My tank has been up and running for about 3 months. I did not wont to put a lot of stuff in it if the lights was not right.

Back
Top Bottom