What is this on my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
There's blotchy white spot almost you can see through coverig my fish out of nowhere

Attachments

• image-54656971.jpg
    image-54656971.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3819161512.jpg
    image-3819161512.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 133
Most likely those are parasites called ich. Sometimes small fish won't survive overnight once you see them covered with white spots all over. For some reasons your fish are stressed out. You need to check water parameter then you can figure it out. Changing water will reduce stress and you need to treat them with ich medication.

I woke up this morning and it was all gone?.... Last night it looked like it was something that was going to eat through its body and now it's gone in the morning... Maybe he got stressed from me moving my rocks around last night

If its ich they may not me gone. Just dropped onto sandbed or Rock.

I can't see anything from my cell phone, but Ich will drop off fish at a certain point of its life cycle. It does not mean the fish is cured or that it is gone from the tank. It simply does not disappear that way. You should read up on it to have a clear understanding of how this parasite works. The only proven methods of curing Ich is copper or Hyposalinity in a QT and leave your DT fallow. Even though some people will swear other things work, there has been big money put into "real" scientific research on how to cure this. The other stuff is "treatment", not "cure" and they often use their own scientists to say it works. You gotta remember that any company can find someone to say their product works. Supplementing with garlic helps boost immunity, but is not a cure.

He had Ick once then I put him in a qt and got rid of it but this all happened after I moved my rock around but it didn't look like ich it was more blotches the size of quarters never seen that before

Back
Top Bottom