what is your opinon about the Base Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is your opinon about the Base Rocks being sold through marcorocks.com or Reefcleaners.Org?

I have planned on getting the base rocks and putting them in the tub that I have the LR sitting in awaiting for the arrival of the new tank. Is that correct you need to have from either 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs per gallon?

1-1.5lbs/gallon is what I would start off with, then you could always add more later. The reason I suggest this is because I just added 82lbs to my 55g and it's plenty (almost too much). There's about 5lbs of smaller pieces (less than 5-7 inches) left over that I'm going to put in my filter.

it's up to you. you want to take a look at the base rock you get and decide if you want that rock fully visible. you can use 100% base rock if you like the way it looks.

A lot of people will use base rock for the foundation to their reef setups. By this I mean they will get the shape they want and then place liverock on top. This way the light will show the vibrant liverock and shadow the base. As for percentage it could be 20-40% liverock.

Back
Top Bottom