What kind.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

levilowe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to get maybe 2 more fish for my reef. Any colorful suggestions that ate reef safe.

55g 3 damsels that I'm thinking about trading in 2 clown and a cleaner wrasse.

IMO if you dont like damsels that much get rid of em. you could go for a dwarf angel of some kind, i like the coral beauty or half black alot. they should be fine in your reef

Sorry bout that yeah I put that reef safe on there fixing the type o

I had a yellow tang. For some reason he only made a week. I loved it.

Probably too small for tangs then. I have five damsels want to trade them all make room for nicer fish but are impossible to catch hey. I just got a cleaner wrasse he is really cool. I agree a dotty back would be nice or can get some colourful wrasses. Fire fish ?

I do like the coral beauty. Did not know they were reef safe

some deem *with caution* ive heard someone say like 9 out of 10 are perfectly fine but 1 will kill your corals guess it depends

Lol no worries mate. Yeah need at least 100 gallon for tangs or they will just spit it. Love yellow tangs that will be my next buy for sure

That is the bad thing about a 55 reef it limits me on the fish. It seems if there reef safe then my tank is to small

You could get gobies..some small and beautifully colored ones. Purple firefish are gorgeous too! I think a midas blenny would be an awesome add, but that might be too big of a fish for you tank :ermm: You could also look into getting gorgeous inverts.

I'm in the same position. Royal gramma, Midas blenny and catalina goby I think could all be good additions. I'd love a purple fire fish although I have no lid on my tank so if you're getting one make sure you have a lid because they jump. Also a flame angel but I'm still unsure on whether or not to risk with corals

Scott I've had a red fire fish for 6 months with no lid do could get lucky I've just got some glass to stop evaporation but worries about heat and ph spikes

Back
Top Bottom