What kind of Salt do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apache58

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I just wanted to see what brands of Salt you all were using or would recommend. Thanks for your help.
Chris

Used IO until I went reef and found their levels to be a bit off so I switched to Tropic Marin.

I've used Reef Crystals for a while and was really happy. I'm trying a bucket of CoraLife now... not sure how happy I am with it.

Started with Instant Ocean, switched to Seachem reef salt (super high borate content)...switched to Reef Crystals (hard time keeping Ca and Alk balanced)...switched to Kent and am pleased so far.

Oceanic.. I have tried IO, Kent, corallife, Crystal Seas Marinemix, RedSea.. out of all of them I have decided that Oceanic is the one to stick with.. dissolves fast.. Very balanced salt except Alk could be higher... I figure thats the cheapest to raise.. All other slats were either very low in Ca, low in Mg, too high in alk or caused some mad algae blooms.. I am Extremely happy with Oceanic and will stick with it until someone proves to me there is better out there or that its bad for my tank..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom