What kind of starfishes are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had these guys for a couple years. They came as hitchhikers. Not sure what kind they are or how big they'll get. Anyone know?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424465596.047492.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424465616.754783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oops, put the same pic twice, meant to have this one. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424465737.017474.jpg

They aren't an issue unless they get crazy, at one point I had about 100 in my 150. I had some that were eating zoa polyps on frags I had, they never went after the colonies but they would hit my frags pretty good. I got a single harlequin shrimp and he cleared them up in about 2 months. I still have a population of them in my sump so I pull 3 or 4 a day out and throw them in the display.

Thank you all. I always wondered what they were and thought they might get bigger. I'll try to not let them plague the tank as I do have a coral. Thanks again.

They don't always eat coral. It's just something that happens occasionally. They are very easy to remove if you have trouble with them.

Back
Top Bottom