What leds give the best coral color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wanting to make a diy solderless led kit from rapid leds. I was wondering which led color give the coral there best color? Cw rb etc

Are they blue or royal blue? Or are they ptetty much tge same? Thanks

Cool white, royal blue is usually the primary, so get lots of those.

Then throw in a few blues, greens, ultraviolets.

Better yet, look at the leds on reefbrite, reefbreeders, radions, AI sol, and many of the already made LEDs out there. You will better understand what LEDs colors you will want and need.

Good idea I didn't think of that. I heard this don't know if its true but do warm white bring out reds and oranges bettet?

Blues leds make green and red colors pop in coral

I also use reefbrites with my mh for color if you building an led fixture id go 60/40 blues/ whites other color leds dont help with color in coral my buddy owns a saltwater shop and has at least 10 fixtures with greens blues and uv and there is no difference in color of coral than just blue and white

Ok thank you all. U guys gave me some more to think about and research so I can make a led light for my needs as nd eants

mix with NW CW RB and violet, if you don't have NW you can go with few red and green to supplement.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom